Saturday, September 24, 2011

Glow


I went to Glow to celebrate a friend's birthday. The place looks so pretty inside.

We opted for the patio since it was gorgeous that day and look at the sofas they were just screaming for me to sit on them. It was so comfy and I love my comfy seats.


First off we received complimentary bread and dip. I don't remember which dip was what but it was pretty tasty.


There were a total of 6 of us in our group. We decided to order a bunch of dishes to share. I love sharing cause that way you get to sample a variety of food instead of eating from only one plate.

Here were crab cakes with spiced tahini sauce. It was yummy too bad we had to share. It just wasn't enough:(


I love burger sliders. What's not to like? They look so cute. There was turkey topped with dried fruit chutney, beef with caramelized onions and aged cheddar and lamb over mint infused hummus and feta. We ordered 2 of this so we can all have a bite. I don't remember which ones I tried but I think my fave was either the turkey or the beef burger. Next time I'm ordering one for myself.


Lobster mac and cheese with atlantic lobster baked with aged cheddar and gruyere cheese. This was decadent and pretty rich and cheesy. Soooooo good and they did give a few good chunks of lobster meat. Still a bit more would've been nice. Then again I always want more.


Veal scallopini herb crusted and topped with oven dried tomatoes, served with arugula, goat cheese, olives and wild mushroom jus. When this plate first arrived I thought it was just a salad. Until you moved the greens aside that's when you would see the 2 pieces of meat. Honestly this dish wasn't memorable to me. I don't even remember how it tasted but think some of the others enjoyed it.


Shrimp pesto linguine tossed with basil pesto, roma tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. I'm not a big fan of seafood pasta so not much to comment here but once again my friends did enjoy it.


Grilled ahi tuna in a sesame-soy marinade served with steamed baby bok choy, sauteed shiitake and king oyster mushrooms and light wasabi mayo. I like ahi tuna so this dish was for me.


The food was pretty tasty but the prices were a bit too high. Think you're just paying for the ambience and the location. Great spot to hang out however, for me think I would return if I feel like splurging a bit or just want to hang out at a cool place.

TOTAL BILL $138...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

7 Marie Labatte Road, Unit #E1
(Shops at Don Mills)
416-384-1133

Glow - Fresh Grill and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

@sandviper said...

Another amazing post:)
Thanks for all the hard wok u put into ur blog and share ur dining experiences with us all! Cheers to u and please dont ever stop!
We love ur blog ^_^

Eat Here Next said...

awwww ur too sweet thx for checkin out my blog and commenting:)

kiki's B.F.F said...

The Lobster Mac n Cheese look super cheesy yummy, have to go try =D

Eat Here Next said...

yes def go give it a try...and im sure u wud luv their patio too:)

SpatulaGeek said...

Shops@Don Mills seems to be the foodiest mall in town!

No desserts. :(

Great to see you back in action.

Thanks for all your hard work in managing your blog! :)

Chee said...

Sharing dishes amongst friends is always good! :) Although the prices were a bit higher, I agree that I would come back for the good food, nice ambiance, and cool people! I can't remember what my fave dish was but it seemed to be all yummy!

Eat Here Next said...

@spat we did have desserts we went to joeys after hehe gotta have my chocolate molten cake mmmmmmm

@chee yes i agree luv to share unless i know it's good then sry every man for themself hehe

xlpharmacy said...

The linguine is the dish that I would like to try it out for the whole list of plates that it is there. It looks delicious that why presentation it is the most important dish part.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...