Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fire Fly


Since I don't really go to First Markham, both Sue and Sand recommended Fire Fly. It was a good choice.

When we arrived it was a full house. The pix that I took was when they were pretty much closing. Let's just say we had a really good time that we almost didn't want to leave:)

We each got the set menu which came with a choice of soup or salad, bread, entree and drink.

For our drink, we all ordered the HK coffee tea. Unlike the one at Phoenix which is already all sugared up, this one here you had to add the sweetener yourself.


I don't think I had a bite of the bread since I was more focused on my soup. Sand said it was yummy.


The cream soup appeared bland and watery. My soup was tomatoey but it was just ok.


Here was the spinach fettuccine with sliced pieces of duck breast. It was tasty. The meat was flavorful and well seasoned and the fettuccine was surprisingly delicious considering it was at an Asian place. No offense. I'm Asian myself but pasta would be the last thing I would order at an Asian place but Sand suggested this dish so thought we would give it a try. Great job Sand. It was yummy^_^


Here was the baked Portugal chicken with rice and cheese. This was my favorite dish of the night. Chicken was moist and it was certainly cheesy but not too much where you got sick of it quickly. Just right. Good call on this Sue;)


Here was the braised oxtail in red wine. The red wine was pretty prominent in this dish which kinda put me off a bit. Also the oxtail wasn't as tender as it should be. This dish was my least favorite. Bad choice on my part;(


Surprisingly, I didn't realize this place was a steak house till I stepped outside and looked at the sign. I would have categorized it as a fusion Asian restaurant instead.

Hearty portions, tasty cheap food and awesome company, what more can a gal ask for. Thanks S&S for the great dinner had a blast as always^_^

TOTAL BILL $34...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

Fire Fly Seafood & Steak House
3229 Hwy 7
(First Markham)
905-479-6188

Firefly Seafood & Steak House on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here many years ago, and I wasn't really a fan of their food. I'm not sure how their quality is now, but the duck pasta looks tasty ;D

SpatulaGeek said...

I remember when they tried to call the tomato soup a borscht. They probably wanted to make it sound fancy I suppose.

My friends and I liked the place and it was convenient to go to bubbletea or have chinese desserts with just a short walk. We're past our bubbletea phase and haven't gone up there as often now.

If you are up by First Markham then I recommend 'A la Kitchen' which is right behind the mall. They have great Shanghai food and they are bit more expensive but worth it. We had a few dishes and the ones that really stands out was vegetarian goose, soup filled dumplings and a braised pork belly (which doesn't seem to be on the online menu). The waitress asked us twice if we wanted soup and gave us a funny look when she took our order. Apparently my friend said that Shanghai food should always have an order of soup. It's better if you go with some that speaks mandarin but not required.

http://alakitchenmarkham.com/ALA_Kitchen/Welcome_huan_ying.html

kiki's B.F.F said...

I have been here for years casue not a big fan... I prefer the traditional HK Cha Chang Tang =P

Eat Here Next said...

the food was pretty good when i went but def will give a la kitchen a try one day since another friend recommended it as well:)

kiki's B.F.F said...

If you go to A-la, you have to try their crispy duck

Eat Here Next said...

sand also recommended that place as well...will have to go try it out one day:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...