Monday, August 8, 2011

Epicure

Since so many restaurants had lineups we decided to give Epicure a try.

The place was empty when we arrived. Think it was around 8 or 9pm. Don't know if that's a good thing or not on a Saturday night but it did have a/c and that's the only thing that mattered to me at that time.

To start off we ordered the Paris pizza which came with smoked chicken, spinach, bacon, roasted peppers, portabello mushrooms, and mozzarella and brie cheese. It was delicious. Truthfully, we were hoping to eat at Pizzeria Libretto but since there was a 2 hour lineup forget that. Also there was no a/c in there well, at least I didn't feel it by the doorway. This pizza is not comparable to Libretto but it was pretty good.


Here was the veal saltimboca which were veal cutlets sauteed in their homemade tomato sauce topped with prosciutto, spinach and fresh bocconcini served with roasted baby potatoes and vegetables. All you see here is a pile of sauce but underneath all that is a huge piece of meat. Although I found it slightly overcooked, the flavoring was there.


Here was the seafood linguine. I'm not a big fan of seafood pasta but figured I would give it a try. I mean you never know till you try it rite so how bad can it be. Honestly, I was getting kind of full from the previous 2 dishes so I only had a bite of this dish. Not much I can say except the clam was also a bit overcooked as well but the pasta was yummy.


We were the only table in there so I don't understand how they can overcook some of the dishes. Regardless, our waitress was friendly. She kept checking up on us even though we did stay there for quite some time even after our meal was done.

It was nice having the whole place to ourselves chatting away but food wise, I'm not sure if I would return again. My friend says the dishes she normally order is really good so gonna have to try ordering her dishes instead the next time I return.

TOTAL BILL $55...MAY EAT AGAIN?!

502 Queen St. West
(east of Bathurst)
416-504-8942

Epicure Cafe & Grill on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

SpatulaGeek said...

Walking through Taste of the Danforth there was something that caught my eye. Pizza Libretto is opening another location there soon!

Anonymous said...

Libretto is so overrated.

Chee said...

next time you're there, you gotta try one of their burgers! :)

Eat Here Next said...

@chee ok will try out the burger next time;)

I like libretto wonder if the new location will have a/c at least

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...