Sunday, July 24, 2011

Loui's Kouzina...Our Own lil Food Fest


My last trip at Loui's Kouzina was for brunch.

This time I came for dinner.

Since I had a little altercation in the parking lot at the event Night It Up, me and my boyfriend decided to skip the food event and have our own food fest at Loui's Kouzina. Hey no problems finding parking here at least. I hate crowds don't know why I even tried to go to that crazy event. It was insane!!!

Ok enough of my ranting back to the food.

First off, the trio which was authentic homemade Greek dips served with pita bread. The pink pile is the taramosalata which is a blend of red fish roe, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. It was quite unique and think it's not for everyone. In this case, it wasn't for us. Just a bit too fishy. Next is the tzatziki which is a mixture of yogurt, cucumber and garlic. Lastly is the hummus which is pureed chick peas with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and tahini. It was delish and quite filling with all the pita bread.


Next, the grilled calamari. Cooked perfectly and well seasoned.


Our salad.


My boyfriend had the pork souvlaki. Moist and flavorful. No complaints here.


I had the pork gyro. It was tasty and boy was there a lot of it.


Loui's Kouzina did not disappoint. Portions were humongous, staff was friendly, food was definitely satisfying what else could I ask for. We didn't even touch the bread basket since we were so full. Once again we walked out with our stomachs stuffed and a huge smile on our face.

TOTAL BILL $54...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

Loui's Kouzina
9255 Woodbine Ave.
(close to 16th)
905-887-6464

5 comments:

Rita said...

My last trip at Loui's Kouzina was for brunch. This time I came for dinner.

SpatulaGeek said...

Isn't gyros a mix of different meats? That's just a bit more than the amount one would get in a pita sandwich near my place.

Why is there only 1 salad for 2 dinner entrees? Did you have to pay extra for that salad or did they put both salads together?

That dip platter gave alot more pita bread than alot of the places I've been to. We had to order more pita because those places didn't give us enough bread.

The grilled calamari has a great color and you can see all the fresh herbs on it!

One of my pet peeves is the roasted potatoes. Places are getting lazy and don't properly roast them and just boil them and soak them in the sauce. Just like the charred edges on a steak, the same hold for true for potatoes. It gives that extra flavor.

Ugogurl said...

That salad does look a little on the small side...
I am in that plaza all the time and have yet to try it... Have you been to Yellowtail the new sushi place in same plaza?

Eat Here Next said...

there were 2 salads but i only took a pix of one

also i thought it was a great portion since we did order a lot of food

never been to Yellowtail before...have u been @ugogurl??

Idol Lash said...

Maaan, is that bief in the last photo? I guess i am going to eat something after saw those photos :))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...