Monday, July 11, 2011

Lady Marmalade


Another busy brunch spot in Leslieville.

We arrived at Lady Marmalade around noon only to find that there was a lineup outside the door. Note they will not seat you until your entire party is there. We found out the hard way.

Nevertheless, the restaurant is quite cozy and very green. Think majority of the restaurants in the area are small and tiny hence the long lineup.

I got the baked crepe croque monsieur with ham, cheese and miso-scallion cream served with poached eggs, spinach and potatoes. When it came out I wasn't really thrilled at the sight of it. See for yourself. Do you feel like digging in right away? It looked like they just threw in whatever they had lying around in the kitchen. Regardless of the presentation, the crepe was tasty. I couldn't really taste the miso-scallion cream. Think the saltiness of the ham and cheese overpowered the sauce or maybe the sauce was just too light. As for the poached eggs, when I pierced it with my fork the yolk came running out which was a good sign. It was yummy.



Both @aarietta and @lu_amy7 had the poached egg blt. At least their dishes looked more appetizing than mine.


I noticed that the majority of the tables around us ordered a benny. Think I should've ordered that instead. My dish was yummy but after a few bites I just got bored of it.

Janet also wrote her own review but in a more colorful way. Click here to check it out. Also for Amy's thorough review of the place click here.

TOTAL BILL $13 per dish...MAY EAT AGAIN?!

898 Queen St. East
(east of Broadview)
647-351-7645

Lady Marmalade on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Twas a wonderful brunch with you two ladies :) I liked mine! ;P

Eat Here Next said...

yes it was a fun "business" brunch:)

janet said...

I liked mine, as well (minus the hard bread). We should do more brunch places!

kiki's B.F.F said...

in fact i like your dish better, I would love to try while the poached egg blt look sort of ordinary =P

I went last month and still haven't blog about it...I'm so behind =P

The Food Junkie said...

I haven't been to Lady Marmalade for brunch before. It seems like people either love it or think it's so-so~

SpatulaGeek said...

When in rome...

Your baked croque monsieur looked too baked. The first thing that caught my eyes were the potatoes.

The poached egg blt is much better at presentation. There are great colors and an nice element of height as well for a sandwich.
That doesn't look like it was thick cut bacon on the side there. It would have made the dish look even better.

Do they serve corn beef hash there?

Jess said...

I went here too the other day and got one of the bennies. Definitely one of the better egg bennies I've had in the city!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...