Friday, July 29, 2011

Astoria Shish Kebob House


After rock climbing, we were famished. Well I was hungry for sure. Since I didn't know the area very well Susan recommended Astoria so off we drove to Greektown.

Susan took care of the ordering and at first I thought it was too little but then I was proved wrong. There was definitely more than enough food to feed all four of us.

First off was the moussaka. My first time trying this was at Loui's Kouzina. It was so yummy. Here it was made differently. The components were similar with ground beef, eggplant, potatoes and bechamel sauce however, the flavoring was completely different. Nonetheless it was simply delicious.

Here we have the pork souvlaki and Santorini feast.

The pork meat was succulent and juicy. As for the seafood feast I wasn't really a big fan of it. The salmon was a bit dry. The rest of the items were mediocre.



















We also had 3 huge bowls of salad as well sadly, we were only able to clean out 2 bowls.

Portions were generous, the meat dishes were tasty and the prices were fair.

Great recommendation Sue. Next time I want to try the gyros.

TOTAL BILL $61...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

390 Danforth Ave.
(close to Chester Station)
416-463-2838

Astoria Shish Kebob House - Danforth on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still taking pictures with your iphone? Why does the quality look so much better? Lol and you're ranked #2 on urbanspoon.. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your twitter and Transformers 3 SUCKED! Julie and I walked in the rain in Vietnam to watch it on its opening day. I should stop posting irrelevant comments on your food blog hahaha

SpatulaGeek said...

For me, Astoria has been the most consistent in quality and I think they've been around the longest on the danforth.

No room for gelato at Dolce Gelato? You've been on a hit streak with Gelato shops lately. :)

BTW, the text formatting is off for some reason or is it just me. The text for the review went under the twitter gadget.

Eat Here Next said...

lol thx...and transformers 3 was AWESOME;P

yea dunno why blogger went haywired on me dunno how to fix the formatting so thx for still reading my post;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...