Saturday, May 21, 2011

La Grill


My boyfriend has been raving about the chicken kebobs at La Grill so I finally made the trip to see what the fuss was all about.

You see he's a picky eater so if he likes something then it definitely is worth checking out.

La Grill serves up Lebanese food but with a bit of a Western twist on some of their traditional dishes.

We started off with the baba ghanoug which is made of eggplant, tahini, lemon juice and garlic served with warm pita. It was full of garlic flavor and pretty tasty.

The calamari was crispy and cooked perfectly. I really liked the seasoning. It was a perfect balance of saltiness and sweetness. I never tasted sweet calamari before and this was a hit. Wonder what was in the seasoning.


Here was one of their specialties, the chicken kebob accompanied with a side of salad and a few pieces of pita. Don't be fooled by the picture but there were actually about 10 pieces of chicken kebobs on the plate. Most of it was hidden under the pita.

I took a bite and I was hit by the lip smacking flavor. The chicken was juicy, moist and utterly delicious. I now see why my boyfriend was crazy about the kebobs here. It was a winner.


Here was the beef shawarma wrap. It was tasty but I found it to be too herby for my palate. The flavoring was slightly overwhelming for me.


Overall, the portions were huge and the food was great. If you never tried Lebanese food before I highly recommend starting here.

TOTAL BILL $40...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

7880 Keele Street
(close to Hwy 7)
905-761-7575

La Grill on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...