Monday, November 1, 2010

Lola's Commissary


Finally I got to try the brunch at Lola's Commissary.

It was sooooo worth the trip.

Located in Yorkville, this little slice of heaven is the perfect place to head to for brunch on a Sunday morning.

How I found out about this place was when I was watching the show "Throwdown with Bobby Flay". The competitor specialized in making guava stuffed french toast. After watching that episode I was salivating for some stuffed french toast. I tried googling it and couldn't find any place in Toronto that would serve that specific type of french toast. I stumbled upon Lola's and saw that they had cheesecake stuffed french toast. I never tried that before so I added the place to my list. Finally I was able to make the trip.

Here is their special cheesecake stuffed french toast with fruit compote.

It was delicious. Definitely satisfied my craving.

This is now #2 on my list of favorite places for french toast. Still at number one is Bonjour Brioche's baked french toast. Believe me, Lola's is not very far behind.


We also ordered the Eggs Lola. It consisted of poached eggs, ancho chicken, avocado, la vaquita (sheep's milk creme fraiche) all wrapped in a tortilla along with a side of sexy potatoes, which is a mixture of regular potatoes and sweet potatoes all dressed in some sort of herb seasoning with a little cajun kick. We also ordered a side of smoked bacon.

The food here was divine. I can see why it was a full house when we arrived.

Great food. Great ambience. Great place to start off the day with some comfort food that will leave you smiling all day long.

TOTAL BILL $30...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

Lola's Commissary on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you can't see the cheesecake, it's not really there! lol both dishes look good!

Karen Ling said...

u have to go try it...it's really better than it looks:)

Chee said...

Fun fact: I think Lola means grandma in filipino! Not sure if that has anything to do with the name of the restaurant but it just crossed my mind when I was reading your blog, lol

Brunch here was awesome...definitely one of my fave places...loved loved the Cheesecake French Toast and the Eggs Lola definitely added that extra kick for brunchy food! Who would have ever thought to have spiced baked potatoes and a tortilla with eggs and salsa for breakfast...it was a unique experience for me. Thanks for introducing me to this place Karen! =) Glad you watch cooking shows! haha

Karen Ling said...

lol dont think this is a filipino restaurant

we have to return one day and try the remaining items...everything on that menu looked yummy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...