Saturday, November 20, 2010

Desserts Plus

Nope it's not a dessert place. It's actually a cozy little Italian restaurant in the heart of Woodbridge. Located along Weston Road, this friendly joint is a favorite neighborhood spot for a family meal. Humongous portions at very reasonable prices no wonder why there's constantly a lineup at this restaurant.

Last night was my second trip to this eatery. I left with a doggie bag and enough food for lunch AND dinner the next day. Just look at the pictures. I still feel full just looking at it.

The fried calamari was crispy on the outside but not enough flavor on the inside. Don't know why it's so hard to find perfectly seasoned calamari. Nonetheless, my boyfriend pretty much inhaled the starter since he was hungry.


For his entree, he ordered the gnoochi since he was craving for it. It was cooked perfectly. Not too mushy and not over done.


I had the veal sorrento with eggplant, mozzarella, tomato and gravy with a side of pasta in an onion and bacon tomato sauce. It was delicious but oh so much food. I really enjoyed my pasta. It was cooked al dente and was full of bacon flavor. Sounds fatty but I don't care it was yummy.


Like that wasn't much food already, we also ordered a pizza with pesto sauce, mushrooms and prosciutto. What can I say we order with our eyes rather than our stomachs. Besides, we all know pasta dishes normally taste even better the next day.


In order to get a table at this traditional Italian restaurant, your best bet is to call ahead and make reservations otherwise you will be waiting for quite some time since the portions are huge and people take their time eating it.

On a side note I like to thank my boss for my new iPhone 4. If you notice, the pictures are far more clearer than my previous pictures. No more blurry pictures here. Thanks boss I love my iPhone:)

TOTAL BILL $55...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hook me up with an iphone 4! Everyone thinks I have one until they look closer and go "oh, nvm.." :( And that pizza sounds good minus the prosciutto! That thing is too salty for my taste buds.

Karen Ling said...

lol there's none avail now even the clients have to wait hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...