Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Moon Cake Festival!!!

Also known as the Mid-Autumn Festival or the Moon Festival regardless of the name it's a time for celebration. Mostly celebrated by the Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese people, this harvest festival is held on the 15th of the 8th month in the Chinese calendar or in the Gregorian calendar in September or early October. This year it falls on Sept. 22 which is TODAY.

I just returned from T&T and I couldn't help myself I had to buy a box of moon cakes. This box here is filled with my favorite lotus seed moon cake with egg yolk. My least favorite is the walnut and date moon cake. Yuck!

The box is so cute decorated in a flowery print and even came with a pretty red gift bag so I'll be bringing it over to my in-laws for dinner tonight since this is meant for sharing. Hope they enjoy this as much as I do!

.












For more info. on moon cakes click here.

1 comments:

cakesuppliesandrentals.com said...

Very informative article,i found it interesting. It's so fun to decorating cupcakes. Find cupcake ideas with instructions for decorating amazing cupcakes on cake supplies and rentals. With the right supplies, decorating a professional-looking dessert is a piece of, well, cake.
Visit this:
cupcake

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...